Wednesday, January 2, 2013
I am processing "rest" this week.  It is a topic that I barely understand.  I'm a wife, mom, entrepreneur, bible study leader for other moms, etc.  I have WAY too many hats to R-E-S-T!  However, God has been speaking to me about it lately.  Mostly boundaries in the area of rest.  I want so badly to do better in this area in 2013!  While on detox this week, it allows me to process other changes that need to be made.  I mean, it is a time for setting goals right?

Just a small bite:  Owning my own business, I have come to realize that it is difficult to get away.  Each time we schedule something, a client of mine "needs" me in some way shape or form - and my rest or vacation is interrupted.  It can be quite frustrating, and doesn't really allow for much rest for me or my family.  Especially, since most of the business is on my shoulders (I don't have employees).   But, I think rest goes beyond vacation doesn't it??  Why do we wait for vacations to rest?

There are two verses that come to mind when I think of rest, and I can't help but think that God has something very important to say in these verses.   "Come to me all who are weary, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).  Personally, when I don't rest, I not only feel disconnected, but I feel tired, heavy with worry, anxiety circles around me, and I have a hard time focusing.  Sometimes the opposite can happen too, where I just literally feel like doing absolutely nothing!  I am completely not engaged with my family (husband, children, etc) and life just gets blah.  Not quite depression, but a great sign that I have not had rest.  Rest isn't just 8hrs. of sleep a night.  No, for me it goes far beyond that.  Rest is being able to spend time alone (I am really an introvert who loves people), spending time in God's Word, spending time doing hobbies I enjoy, and spending time with my family.  When I don't have these, I feel weary and I feel not rested.

I was reading in Hebrews, did you know the book alone has 14 words that relate back to rest??  But, one of the words was translated "restored" and I noticed the word "rest" in the word "restored"!  (Hebrews 13:9) YES!  That is how I feel when I am truly well rested!  I feel like a new person and I feel God and my family, and the women I am blessed to serve, get my best. There is a piece of the wellness puzzle that cannot be forgotten, especially for us busy ladies, it is REST...in the many areas of our life.    I want to be able to be my best and give my best so rest MUST become a priority.

What about you?  What makes you feel well rested?


0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Welcome!

Welcome!
Looking forward to connecting with you about Life, Wellness, and being Uniquely You!

Catagories