Tuesday, January 1, 2013
About every 6 months I do what I call a detox week.  It is a period of time between 4 - 7 days where I eat nothing but vegetables and a few servings of fruit.  Please do not try this if you have medical issues, or are pregnant or nursing.  Also, if you are unsure of your health it is best to speak with a doctor first.  But, for me it is great.  Vegetables are a great source of dietary fiber and it allows my body to "recover" a bit from all the comfort food eating I tend to do some of during the holidays.  So January is a good place to start for me, as well as right before summer starts or when the kids get out of school.  If you are the type of person that does not like veggies (I once was that person), there is a great detox kit I can recommend here.  It has all the vital essentials for doing a proper detox that is not a fruit and veggie detox.  I prefer the fruit and veggie detox, I get better results, and it literally puts my body in a great place.  The first 2 - 3 days I feel a little tired, mostly from caffeine withdrawl, but after that I am good.  I NEVER go hungry because you can eat whenever you want all day if you need to, it just needs to be veggies.  ;)

I have several good detox meals click here to view 1 of my menus, and I definitely plan the week for meals.  My kids eat the veggies as sides, so it is easy to fit into our daily routine.  You can check out my Pinterest for some good and yummy detox ideas.  It doesn't get boring.  Or at least I try my best for it not to be.

Tonight, for example was a spin off of Eggplant parmesan.  I added minimal cheese, with spaghetti sauce over top of the eggplant with fresh green beans that I cut and baked with a small hint of olive oil (so they wouldn't dry out) and sea salt.  I made a snack throughout the day of some deliciously baked butternut squash cubes!  I didn't go hungry!

How do you recover from a crazy season of eating?

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Welcome!

Welcome!
Looking forward to connecting with you about Life, Wellness, and being Uniquely You!

Catagories