Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Fresh green beans are the absolute best!  They are green, they are fresh...am I stating the obvious?  They are just delicious.  As I was sitting, snapping my green beans for the week, I thought "there are so many different ways to prepare green beans!"  I take mine, snap them, and then freeze them for later.  But, here are some ways that I use green beans when the "later" approaches.  I'm linking to some great recipes that I have tried.  I hope you enjoy them too!  If you have some ways you have used green beans, please share them with me!  I would love to try yorus too!

1.  Baked Green Beans (On bar pan, drizzle olive oil and parm cheese and sea salt).
2.  Toasted Almond Green Bean Salad!  Seriously its yummy and easy!  Low GI too...for those of you that know I am a firm believer in low GI foods.
3.  Honey Balsamic Green Beans.  A healthy and not fried recipe from Paula Dean.  But, just a slight twist on normal green beans, which I like.  Makes a great side!
4.  Crispy Sesame Green Bean Fries...you will die...they are so delicious!  I do cheat a little on the homemade bread crumbs...because less face it, there is just not enough time in the day, but she also provides a gluten free version.  But these are totally low GI as well and make a great snack for even your youngest lovely. (You'll love her blog too! )
5.  Green Bean and Artichoke Casserole - I think this makes a fantastic side dish with some chicken.  Just another unique way to prepare your green beans.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Welcome!

Welcome!
Looking forward to connecting with you about Life, Wellness, and being Uniquely You!

Catagories