Tuesday, November 26, 2013
I'm here to admit that I'm not a runner!  Not at all...actually.  But, I run.  Stick with me, and I will get to my point.  You see, running just isn't that interesting to me.  I have a personality that is shaped somewhat slightly ADD...where it is hard for me to sit and do THE SAME THING for long periods of time.  The same is true for running.  It has always been boring for me.  BUT...my body loves it!  It feels refreshed, recharged, healthy, etc.  And, quite frankly because I get amazing results when I do run, it makes me want to run more.

Over the past several years I have challenged myself in the area of running.  Not because I like running...but because it stretches me, it pulls out different potentials inside of the depths of my spirit, and it helps me pray, think, and achieve goals that I might never achieve.

One of my goals for 2014 is to run a half marathon.  Remember...I'm not a runner!  So, this is a lofty goal, and one that I will take my time on.  I am going to follow a 9-10mo. plan to train for this half marathon, and I cannot wait to post on here about my journey with this training.  I realize that the first step to this goal, is dedication, over coming obstacles like the thoughts that run through my head "maybe tomorrow", "I'm just not feeling good today" or a good one for me is "I need to be with the kids"...the list could go on.  All the excuses in the world are going to need to be put to the side as I travel on this path.  I must come out on top and not let anything get in my way!

I am going to be using a running app on my phone called runkeeper!  If you would like to follow my daily routine I will be posting my schedule soon!  Start with me!  You don't have to make your goal a 1/2 marathon, what about a 5k?  or a 10k?  Its up to you...but I would love the company!  And...I would love to hear your progress as well.  Your health matters!  Maybe we could encourage each other in our goals!  I hear that is the best remedy for those bad thoughts that discourage us!  Let's do it!

Cheers to an Amazing Start!

Jamie

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Welcome!

Welcome!
Looking forward to connecting with you about Life, Wellness, and being Uniquely You!

Catagories