Thursday, December 27, 2012
journalI think I am about to become extremely honest.  I am writing this and venturing out.  To pour out what I have been contemplating on for what seems like forever and to hopefully help and inspire others.  Here is a small and simple bite of my story, and after that I hope to communicate what I want this blog to be about going forward.  I am a writer, but not in the sense, that I work to write, I simply have always liked to write.  Since I was 10!  I have kept journals dating back to my preteen years with all kinds of crazy drama.  Not quite a Harlequin  but me being honest with God about my struggles, fears, happy places, etc.  My journal was my escape place.  Many of them are beautiful displays of how God communicates to me, and some are displays of God being completely silent with me.  But, they have all been this "thing" that God and I have going on with our relationship.

In 2007 I started a blog.  I thought this is a great way to do what I have been doing with a journal but hopefully, it will provide some hope if someone reads it as well.  It was a popular blog with quite a few readers.  Soon after I started it I became pregnant with my first son, Jacob.  So, I started writing to God, they were  prayers about my son, the man I wanted him to become, and God's protection over him.  Overnight, "life" over powered my joy, and we found out my son was going to die.  You can read about the story here.  I lost the passion to write.

Which leads me to the present, two more kids later, a little boy and little girl,  God has been knocking on my writing door since 2010!  I have constantly been shutting the idea of writing again down.  For me, I had no inspiration.  Then recently, this summer, I literally felt like I was being yelled at.  So, I kinda "yelled" back just asking what I was supposed to write about.  So, I began to work on somethings within myself.

  • Who was I writing for?
  • Why did I want to write?
  • What do I write about?
I read a book recently by Haley Morgan Called the No Brainer Blog - for me I have heard a lot of these things, but it took reading it to bring some inspiration back.  The biggest help from that book was two things, one find your look and feel (feel comfortable), the other was to be you!  I read a few more books, several devotional type books, started writing in my journal again, and voila...I decided it was important for me to come back to my roots.  

All in all, what I want this blog to be about is a conversational place, where community can happen if it wants to, where readers feel comfortable pulling up a chair, grabbing their own coffee and joining me in some conversations.  I want to write about life, for me that means:  wife, mom, small business entrepreneur and then to talk about what others are doing as well.  A subject I am passionate about and I believe women often struggle with is overall wellness, how to juggle, life and not just look good but take care of your body that God has uniquely gifted us with.  I recently went back to school to become a Nutritional Wellness Coach, so I hope to provide some expertise on certain subjects, easy healthy recipes that I have tried (I am not an experimental cook, but I love to try and tweak recipes), and of course love and encourage women who need the encouragement and support in this area.  And, lastly, I am passionate about Jesus.  I am the person who gets giddy around Christmas because I wish I was the 3 Magi bringing the baby the gifts.  It just excites me.  And, honestly, I feel lately I have been the quiet docile Christian, but not intentionally.  I want to share the Truth in all 3 of these areas, converse with others, and hopefully encourage and inspire.  

As 2013 approaches, I am committing to this blog,  praying that God gives me the power and strength to write great content that is fulfilling and honors Him and lastly, praying for you that your journey would be deep and meaningful.  So, sit back, relax, enjoy your cup, and I look forward to giving you some small bites!  

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Welcome!

Welcome!
Looking forward to connecting with you about Life, Wellness, and being Uniquely You!

Catagories