Thursday, September 1, 2011
This post is dedicated to a friend of mine who is an excellent gardner and excellent cook.  She made this for me when I came over to visit her daughter, and it bursted with yummy fresh flavor!  I recently tried the recipe for myself with some fresh veggies and herbs from my own garden, and I am thrilled to be sharing it with you!  It is a great summer/fall dish, rich with flavor and color!  And...as always under 30 minutes from start to the table. 

I like to make this recipe for myself and then make another to share with a neighbor or friend.  Mostly because it is so easy to make 2!

Groceries:

4 -6 Large Tomatoes (fresh from the garden or organic give better flavor)
2 pkg. of Italian 6 blend cheese (Sargento is good)
4 long stalks of basil leaves from the garden. 
Your Choice:  Orzo Pasta, White Rice, or Whole Grain Rice

You are going to layer these like you would a lasanga.  Start with the tomatos and layer a 9x13 pan with cut tomatoes.  Then layer with basil leaves (take off the stalk), then layer with cheese.  Repeat.  Bake in oven on 350 until cheese is slighly brown (approx. 15-20min.).  Try not to bake too much or you will stew your tomatoes. 

While the pie is in the oven, cook your pasta or rice.  On a plate, place your pasta or rice, take your pie out of the oven and serve your pie over your pasta or rice!  That is it! 

Thanks Leta for the yummy recipe!  Glad I can share!


0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Welcome!

Welcome!
Looking forward to connecting with you about Life, Wellness, and being Uniquely You!

Catagories