Friday, March 8, 2013
Well, my family is about to embark on a new chapter in our lives, and I honestly can tell you I am at peace.  It feels really good.  Unusually good.  Lots of people have asked what we are doing next, where we are going, etc.  Honestly, I don't have much of an answer.  Our original intent was to build a house in Tega Cay...we put down some cash for a property, but after much thought and driving around, praying, we just didn't feel at peace.  Strange...as it would have been a great setup.  Great neighborhood, great amenities, great school, great everything!  But, there was some unsettling feelings that both Wayne and I were feeling separately, and when we came together during one of our Saturday night date nights  we both just said we need to pull this idea...we just weren't feeling peace.

I will admit, I was a bit frustrated by this feeling because it would have made things a little easier with school and such as registration for Kindergarten starts tomorrow for Paige, but until we have a contract on a house, we cannot register her!  We have a plan B in place, as we weren't even sure if we would sell our house in time, so we feel peace there, as it is a GREAT plan B.  But, I never knew how stressful house hunting could be too...especially when you want to make the right LONG-TERM decision for your family!

Have I ever mentioned I am slightly a "planner, ocd, perfectionist" type of person?  Yeah, well...I try and steer my urges in honorable to God directions, but my control tendencies can often get the best of me, especially when I just don't know!  I'm usually ok with things if I can see or project the future outcome.  Can I say just out loud, that God is really pushing me with this, but even still, I feel at peace!  I haven't really shared this with many people, mostly because it is between me and God, but one of my New Year's resolutions was to practice being quick to listen and slow to speak.  What I really think this has meant for me is to be prayerful in all things.  In fact, I have looked back at our last couple of years as a small family, and prayer and patience has been such a HUGE part of our lives, almost a lifeline.  So, although, slightly reluctant, I needed to release my anxiety about our next steps to Jesus.  Because I was anxious!

So as we leave Hamilton Green today, I know my first steps are to be utterly grateful to God for providing such a great place to live, a roof over our heads, a safe haven for my kids, some amazing memories, all of the guests from the seminary that have stepped through our door to stay with us, the missionaries that we were honored to host because we had the room to host them for short and long-term, the friendships, and just a starting place as Wayne and I were merely newly weds when we bought this house.  What a journey right?

Hang tight, because I KNOW God does amazing things to people that wait for his timing, as hard as it is to wait, to be patient, to NOT know anything, I know He will show up, and He will blow us/you away!

What have you had to wait for and be patient for, and then God has blown you away?  Or...maybe you are waiting too?   I would love to know!


0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Welcome!

Welcome!
Looking forward to connecting with you about Life, Wellness, and being Uniquely You!

Catagories