Friday, December 2, 2011
I am so excited to do Advent this year.  There is so much to do with a three year old and a two year old! I am so grateful to my friend who has a wonderful talent in graphics and ideas! This year I downloaded her advent calendar template and added my own twist to it.  You can down load it too at her etsy shop by clicking here.   Just email her the availability.  For mine, I simply print them out and laminated them, so that I could write their surprise on the back with a white board marker.  Then I attached ribbon I had lying around...I think twine or henna string would look fab too! 

Our Advent Calendar...
I am so excited to teach my kids about Jesus.  It is because of His birth we have the precious and most treasured gift...the ability to have a clean heart.  I always tell my kids that without Jesus we have dirty hearts. 

On the first day of advent we learned...

About the angel Gabriel that came and told Mary and Joseph that they were going to have a baby.  We colored a picture of an angel.  Feel free to download this here.

We also did an advent wreath ornament.  Feel free to download that here as well.
The verse we talked about was

Books we read were about gifts...Baby's first Christmas Present, Spot books, simple gift books.  I use my tablet a lot for interactive books.
We finished off our time with a one dollar hot fudge Sunday from McDonalds!

We turn over our card at the beginning of our time together. 


Stay Tuned for day two!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Welcome!

Welcome!
Looking forward to connecting with you about Life, Wellness, and being Uniquely You!

Catagories